Monday 26 December 2011

Briefly back on the bike for Christmas

Hi all.  Thank you for your continued support and encouragement.  I hope that you all had a super Christmas.

Amazingly, despite not getting one bike related pressie (for the first time since my "Rediscovery") and regardless of the bitterly cold winds I actually managed to get my backside back onto the saddle for our annual Christmas day ride. We didn't get too far and sadly didn't make it down to the beach as we usually do, but we did manage a leisurely 6.5 miles. It was hard (due to the cold air in my lungs) but I was still smiling at the end and definitely ready for my Christmas dinner.

It was too cold for me to take my hands out of my gloves for a pic, but here is a Christmassy bike related pic.


Hope that you are all having a wonderful festive season and that you got everything you wanted.

1 comment:

Small Adventures said...

I LOVE that pic,KatieCake! Glad you had a great one,and got a ride in too :D

Ours was pretty decent,despite her having to work Saturday. None of the family was too aggrivating this year (an odd year for them,hahaah!),and other than the normal sibling bickering that comes anytime they get gifts,it was great to watch our kids playing with their new digs.

I even took some of those thoughtless-yet-thoughtful Walmart giftcards and bought a...gasp...Walmart bike today (wanted to try a cheap fixie ;) ),LOL!

Have an awesome and safe New Years,my friend!

Steve